Tuesday 3 September 2013

Serving Boards for Seagulls Greek Taverna

So today I drove to Frankston to drop off 15 serving boards for the newly renovated Seagulls Greek Taverna. It took me two weeks on and off with University in full swing. I spent my days off doing one process at a time.

It open tomorrow! 4th of September! If you are around the area, go experience it, it will be worth it.

I made them out of Victorian Ash. I glued up 3 lengths for each board, used 20mm biscuits for location and ease of gluing. This will allow the boards to stay flat with the constant wet and dry environment. Titebond III was used for its waterproof  and its FDA (FoodSafe) properties. Ubeaut Foodsafe Mineral Oil was used for the boards, as most  other food safe oils generally are nut based products. And I'm sure that won't go down well with patrons in the restaurant that have allergies.













No comments:

Post a Comment