Monday 20 January 2014

Fracture Dynamo Radio

So with initially designing fracture speaker it was time to take it to another level. By taking some of the design inspirations from the previous brief and continuing them on in this design. This brief was to design and make a speaker that could be used off grid. No use of electricity from the house or from a battery that has been produced from a power-plant whether that be coal, nuclear or hydro-electrically run.

Below I have put the presentation images which accompanied the real 1:1 scale model. I did have quite a lot of trouble getting this to work. I retro-fitted a dynamo gear set and circuit from a radio bought from Anaconda adventure store. If I get around to doing version two I would be making a lot of changes to make this design streamlined and reliable. But overall, very enjoyable project!

















No comments:

Post a Comment